Recent Posts

Nashvegas!

Among all of the wonderful things we did and saw in Nashville, we want to share this with you:  there are SEVERAL bookstores in Nashville, megastores, re-sale stores, tiny little shops, little mom and pop stores that sell brand new books, and I bet Hugh Grant even owns a fledgling travel bookstore somewhere in an edgy part of town.  We also saw THE supposed only bookstore in Nashville, but did not go in... here's a picture of Lawrence enjoying Nashville's literary scene...
Two things:
One - what a wise man I married, excellent book choice
Two - this was outside the Bookman store just south of Vanderbilt's campus, it was right next door to Bookwoman (TWO bookstores, one street, someone explain to me how people thought there were no bookstores in Nashville, please?)

Okay, Lawrence and I just wanted answers, but we're now ready to just show you pictures of our adventuras

Antique Archaeology - Nashvillle, sadly Mike Wolfe was not present



Jack White's (of Le White Stripes, and of Lawrence's personal music hero dream dinner) recording studio.  Sadly, Jack was not the man at the counter selling us vinyl records of excellent bluegrass and blues music.  Also, love the Lego Seven Nation Army replica.


Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence St. Claire enjoying breakfast.  We adopted more genteel Southern names for this visit.  Lawry insisted on Lawrence, I chose Mary Ellen and St. Claire was just awesome.  We also decided that to be truly traditional I couldn't hyphenate St. Claire.

Also, I put cheesy Instagram filters on these, I hold myself in judgement.  But you know, malsizwelch on Instagram, live time following of the me.

99% settled on a decision, but still job hunting in both cities,
Mals

3 comments:

Molly said...

did you trim up your hair? it's cute, mrs. st. claire. you guys are adorbs. and what is with the bookstore myth? some kind of anti-nashville propaganda? weird.

Malsi said...

i re-chopped the "Meg Ryan" but shorter this time, thank you! I don't know about the bookstore myth, maybe all these stores popped up after the Parnassus Bookstore made all the hoopla? I don't know, but there were several cutiepie stores in town.

katie said...

OH MY GOSH MOVE TO NASHVILLE!

love,

your name baby