Recent Posts

Danke

Today, I'm thankful for manliness.  Recently (okay, like two months ago) I heard a Fresh Air interview with Donald Miller about his book, Father Fiction, which is an updated reprint of To Own a Dragon, but enough about Miller's bibliographical history.  Basically, his new book talks about lots of stuff, but one of those things in the current crisis of masculinity.  He doesn't address women as much because as he said "women are already doing what they are supposed to do, they aren't hiding (or something like that... it was two months ago)."  Holler ladies.  Anyway, I'm thankful for Miller's book, and his desire for men to step up and assume their God-given awesomeness.  I think for my future daughters (yes God? Girls?) or my sons (who I will dress up in little man clothes if I have them), I am so blessed that they are going to see a great picture of an honest, strong, excited, and goofy man as their dad.

Praying with D.Mil today,
MJ

0 comments: