Recent Posts

I have never been able to read graffiti

If this graffiti says something terrible, I wouldn't know.  I doubt it's something shady because I took this picture on a high traffic street in San Francisco. Well, since I cannot decipher graffiti, I'm resigned to just admire it from a distance.
Life is le busy, but much better than last week.  Equally crazy, just more healthy I think.  Anyway, speaking of healthy and good things, when you get 5 minutes, check out this article.  Made me think of the church Mollination and I worked with when we went on choir tour after our senior year of high school.  It is also just Good.

What makes a photograph for you? What keeps you engaged with the picture?
Just wondering, you can comment or converse amongst yourselves :)
(however, your comments might help me apply photography theory just sayin'... help an amateur academic out!)



Back to reading and responding,
MJ

3 comments:

David & Blake said...

malsi,

I think people make the photographs for me! Especially if I know them, but even if I don't I love looking at pictures of people it's sort of like you get to see there story for a moment.

Also, I love fall. I think I idolize fall actually because I have truly experienced it :( But I do believe if I was able to be in a reall fall i would most definitely love it!

Malsi said...

Blake, you are sooo cool!

Thanks! You actually support some of the big photo-theory thinkers I've been reading. I think I agree with you, too. The fact that someone stood there to take the image, it's history! And, they have something to say in their pictures, a place (or instant) where they can say whatever they want to many people, forever.

And woot! Fall!!! It's coming!!

Molly said...

i like emotion. in pictures. and life. and graffitti. mals, last night we had shiner oktoberfest beer. you would've loved it. i wished you were here. next year!